Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Artbooking in August Week #4





Where or where did August go???? Welcome to the last Monday in August as we celebrate this creative and artistic adventure!  If you have been following the party, then you know over 35 Close to My Heart consultants have been participating in the "Artbooking in August" Blog Hop!  

 Each Monday in August, these ladies were asked to post artwork to their blogs and they did a phenomenal job, I must admit!!

Their challenge was to create 4 different projects using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge and any CTMH paper pack.   Their mission was to design each of the following:

1. 2 page layout
2. Card
3. Mini Book
4. Home decor or giftable item 

They were able to choose what to make and when to post it. AND if they wanted to add stamps to their designs, that was o.k.  The designs they posted were beyond my wildest dreams and I was so impressed with all of their creativity!

So sadly I am posting today that this is the LAST Monday in August for the "Artbooking in August " Blog hop.  I hope all of you enjoyed it as much as I did!  If you joined us today, then click on my Pinterest board here... and view all of the previous posted artwork.

If you get lost along the way you can always go back to my blog post here which features all of the bloggers and their indivdual artwork. 

If you have been hopping with us, then you have arrived from Gina Brandstetter's blog here.  Isn't her artwork gorgeous???

So you ordered the the WOTG July Constant campaign G1062 Canvas Art Kit and have no idea WHAT to do with it?!!!



Well I have a solution....create a photo collage using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge!


I used the overlay cut from the winter page in the Artbooking cartridge....


I cut the base page at 11.5" square to make the frame from page 61.  Then I created the word "Family" using the font and CCR to accent my photos.  ( There is another design coming this week using the negative space from my "Family" word) 

I added the heart mini banner and the rectangles of color to the layout.The rest of the artwork are from the Dimensional Elements included in the canvas kit.
                           

I just want to tell you that this was an EASY picture frame to create and it will look terrific on my family room wall...(p.s. photo of the wall coming later this week...)

If you have been following my blog then you know I created the base using the Cricut Craft Room!.  Here is the picture of the CCR file - I added a few elements and then after I cut it out, I did not use them!  But I know you are a bunch of creative ladies and will adapt the file to your needs!



If you are interested in the CCR file then you can download it here!  I used a few papers from the Huntington paper pack and then accents from the kit, but you can use any of our products to match your decor!

Now it is off to Terry Ann Diak's blog here where you can view her awesome artwork!


enjoy!!

14 comments:

Linda Pekrul said...

So clever! And it looks WONDERFUL! Beautiful family you have! Thank you for looking after us so well during the Blog Hop!

terryanndiack said...

What a great idea. I must say the worst thing about this blog hop is that I have to go all the way through it to see what you have created. I suppose I could jump back at the beginning, but that seems like cheating. Thanks again for organizing this hop

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Beautiful....love it:)

Maureen said...

Great idea! I forgot about these LO templates. Thanks for reminding me:)

Gina Brandstetter said...

Very Nice!! Thanks again so much for organizing this hop! It was alot of work. I enjoyed seeing everyone's artwork!

Casandra Bennett said...

Great use of the Canvas WOTG elements. Lovely layout! Thanks for organizing such a fabulous blog hop! It definitely kept me busy using my new cartridge, which makes it worth it to actually own. LOL

Unknown said...

What a fantastic use for the canvas kit!

Kim Hill said...

What a brilliant idea! I have an extra WOTG canvas and couldn't decide what to do with it. I love this! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Rebecca said...

Great idea, Love the colors.
Thanks for organizing this blog hop

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Beautifully decorated canvas! I love how you adapted the template for photos. Thank you again for all your vision, hard work and persistence in organizing and implementing this blog hop--you did a fabulous job and I appreciate all your efforts. It was fun to participate in this special event!
:) Marie

Lynn said...

Awesome idea! Thanks for organizing this hop. I got tons of inspiration.

Jane Schoof said...

What a great idea! My canvas WOTG is still waiting for a creation. This will work great! TFS

Deb Killian said...

I love the use of Artbooking with the Canvas.... thanks for the inspiration and a special shout out to you for organizing this fun and amazing hop! What fun and creativity!

Adeline E. Brill said...

I love all of your comments ladies - they make the extra work fun!