Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

October Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Hello October!!  Hello Fall!  Hello cooler temps???  Ok - where are you?  Today's high - 89 degrees....urg!  I have to go into the stores to get the 'cooler' temps- Target is always freezing cold!!  But regardless, the Holiday season has arrived and this month Close to My Heart's stamp of the Month is S1310 Scandinavian Wishes!




If you have been hopping with us then you have arrived from Kim's blog here and checked out her card and tags!

If you get lost along the way you can always go back to Kathleen's blog for the complete list here.


When I think of Scandinavia I think of my dear mother-in-law who was Swedish. She was born in the U.S. to Swedish  immigrants and grew up in Western New York on a dairy farm.  At Christmas she always had plenty of Dala Horses.  The Dala horse or Dalahast in Swedish is originally from the province of Dalarna in Sweden.   It's a piece of wood carved in the shape of a horse and traditionally painted different provincial patterns.  My oldest son inherited his grandmother's collection.  I also think of different colors then the ones featured in the design post by CTMH here....


To me the colors should be red, white and straw.  Similar to what you see on this Christmas tree.  If you need additional visuals to keep up with me, just visit Ikea in the next couple of months! 


So I decided to create some authentic (?) Scandinavian ornaments!  My color choices are Ruby,White Daisy and Cashmere.  The Cricut cuts are from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.



The trivets are from my mother-in-law's home and I kept them as a legacy to this sweet, dear lady...

Now it is on to Maureen's blog here  where you can view her unbelieveable  winter layout! 


Adeline



17 comments:

Beth Naumann said...

So fun! Love those ornaments!

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Cute, cute, cute, I love the stamped ring banner!

Joy said...

Great ornaments and entertaining stories!

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

Beautiful Adeline!! What a WONDERFUL idea! :) Going into this stamp sets file to create :) TFS!!

Tammy said...

These are adorable!!!

lindaplus3 said...

Very pretty ornaments.. :)

Michelle Stewart said...

So much fun, would be wonderful on my kids mini Christmas tree.

Gina Brandstetter said...

Ah..... love the house ornament!

Linda Pekrul said...

Love your colour choices! The red & white looks so striking on the green tree.

Sheila Bennett said...

Cute idea to make ornaments. Really like the color combo.

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Wow, gorgeous artwork...love them all!!

Unknown said...

So pretty!

Maureen said...

Wonderful idea, as usual:)

Jen Rubio said...

Your ornaments are SUPERB Adeline! I really love them...THANKS for inspiring me with your creativity! :)

Michelle Jones said...

I love the 3-D aspect of your cards!

Kim said...

Love these!! Great job!

Haley D. said...

What a sweet collection! God jul to you too!