Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Artbooking in August Blog Hop - Week #1




Are you ready to get creative??  Let over 35 talented CTMH consultants inspire you with their creativity this month.   Each Monday in August, these ladies will be posting artwork to their blogs and you can follow their blogs or set your alarm to make sure you do not miss a post!

Their challenge was to create 4 different projects using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge and any CTMH paper pack.  ( yes - we all have retired paper packs in out 'stuff' and this cartridge is perfect for using up paper!!)  Their mission was to design each of the following:

1. 2 page layout 
2. Card
3. Mini Book
4. Home decor or giftable item 

They were able to choose what to make and when to post it. AND if they wanted to add stamps to their designs, that was OK.  You will not want to miss any of their totally awesome and fantastic artwork!!

If you have been hoppin' with us, the you have come from Gina Brandsetter's blog  here and viewed her absolutely awesome layout!  She certainly 'amped' up the layout with all her extra cutting!


My design this week is from page 74 of the handbook.  I cut everything at the suggested 11" and copied the layout from the suggested example in the book.
I had to start somewhere and that is the easiest path for me in the beginning.

For an accent to my title I decided to try this 'ombre' look -  I checked out this video first and decided that my title was going to be slightly different.


SO I tweaked it slightly and left out the Creme Brulee.  If you haven't seen the video here is an opportunity to check it out...

            

Rather than use the chipboard letters, I cut out 3 copies of the title and then glued them together.  


Glued them together using 1512 Bonding memories Glue stick! (LOVE this glue!)


I then combined the Liquid Glass and the Autumn Terracotta re-inker for the bottom part of the tile.  The top part is Liquid Glass and Goldrush - hmm - it looks like Butterscotch! ( not using my treat cups!!!)



I really liked how it turned out.  There were a few bubbles but I rather liked that effect!


I am anxiously awaiting the cooler temperatures!  I am over the 90's hot and humid days so these photos definitely reminded me of cooler temps and a fun time!!

Now it is on to Terry's  FAB-u- lous Artbooking artwork here!   I am sure she will dazzle you with her creativity!

25 comments:

Gina Brandstetter said...

Great layout! Love your step by step instructions!

Unknown said...

Absolutely fabulous layout! I love how your letters turned out too. Tfs

Maureen said...

OMG! How did I miss the video on Harvest! Great LO, as usual:)

Shalana said...

Nice layout. TFS the technique used for the title.

Unknown said...

Love your title!

Deb Killian said...

WOW, love this layout. I can't wait to try that technique. I watched the video the other day and loved it!

Deb Killian said...

WOW... love it. I watched this video the other day and loved the technique. I can't wait to try it. Beautiful layout!

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout! Love your take on the ombre technique!

Linda Pekrul said...

Beautiful layout Adeline, I love the titles and the sweet pumpkin embellishment.

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Oh my gosh..awesome!!!!

Unknown said...

Love it!!

Rebecca Brown said...

Nice layout! I love the colors.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Love your layout and your ombre title--it looks fabulous! Great written details too! Thanks again for organizing this Artbooking Blog Hop!
:) Marie

Casandra Bennett said...

Your layout turned out so lovely. Love that title! This is a funny side note. We toured our state's Tahquamenon Falls just yesterday. I love your pictures.

Studio Scrapping with Amy Ulen said...

The cardstock you selected for this layout is perfect...it sticks to the theme while really making your photos shine! Great job on the title...can't wait to try that technique.

Anonymous said...

What great ideas. Thanks for sharing from someone who is just getting started in CTMH

Rebecca said...

Love your layout, I love the idea for the title. Colors are beautiful!

Juanita said...

Looks great, love the title!

Juanita said...

Looks great, love the title!

Unknown said...

Fun title! I adore liquid glass. TFS and all your hard work for making this hop a success!

Designs by Sue said...

I loved the way you made your title & used the liquid glass with the re-inkers. I want to try this ..but haven't had time.

Tracey said...

Love how you did that title!

Brenda Lapp said...

Love your layout. And you did exactly what I was thinking - cutting several layers of letters and stacking them rather than using chipboard letters. I'm so glad it works!

Katy said...

This layout is PERFECT!!! Makes me long for Fall, Pumpkins, the crisp air...especially since it's 108 in my part of Texas!!!

Nurse De b said...

I'm not using my treat cups either!!! Love the idea of the little paint palate. Perfect for keeping waste at a minimum and makes for easy clean-up. Thanks for sharing.