Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Artbooking in August Blog Hop - Week #2


Welcome to Week #2 of the Artbooking in August Blog Hop. Last week's artwork was so phenomenal and this week over 35 creative consultants are at it again!

Their challenge was to create 4 different projects using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge and any CTMH paper pack.  Their mission was to design each of the following:

1. 2 page layout 
2. Card
3. Mini Book 
4. Home decor or 'giftable' item 

They were able to choose what to make and when to post it. AND if they wanted to add stamps to their designs, that was OK.  This week they will add another great design to the challenge and I am anxious to see what everyone has created!

Remember this is a circular blog hop and if you get lost or confused along the way, the list is posted on my blog here.

If you are hopping with us, then you have arrived from Gina Brandsetter's blog here and viewed her fabulous artwork. 

If you are just hopping along then continue on with Terry Ann Diack's blog here but if you are interested in how I created this card... read on...

Last week I selected a 2 page layout and this week I selected a card.  I guess I have  such a "Type A" personality that I have to go exactly by the list!

I must admit that I am very disappointed in that we do not have a Halloween paper pack!  I have my doubts that there will be one in the mini Holiday catalog coming out in October, but we'll see.  Good thing I save every scrap of my Halloween papers and buy extra as well!!

Here is my Halloween card ... an inspiration from Pinterest

Supplies:
Z1906 Cricut Artbooking
B1413 Perfect Fit - Halloween stamp set
Z1830 Brown and Tan Glitter Paper
Z1829 Black and Grey Glitter Paper
X5668 Honey cardstock
1386 Black cardstock
X5758 Sunset cardstock
Zip strip and Halloween Assortment from the Moonlight paper pack (retired)




page 40

I cut the overlay at 5" from the machine (pre -CCR file availability) and ended up with a bunch of scraps...



I am still trying to figure out what to do with these awesome scrap pieces!!

Then I used the other designs from these two pages to accent my card.  


page 70  


page 71

I had a 'not-so-happy' experience cutting the glitter paper.  I have decided there are two rules one must follow!

#1 - Use a brand new mat AND
#2 - use a brand new blade!!

I cut right side up, AND wrong side down and the fence would still not cut out...
SO in the end,  the black cardstock is finally what cut it nicely....

Here is the CCR file.....if you would like to download it you can click here  *** You must have a 'Box' account



Now it is time to hop  on with Terry Ann Diack's blog here to check out here creative work...

If you get lost you can always go back to the original blog hop list here.


14 comments:

Jane Schoof said...

LOVE your card!!! I love the glitter paper for the images, great idea. I love that you save all the left overs from your cricut mat, I do too!

Gina Brandstetter said...

Fabulous card!

Linda Pekrul said...

That is just the CUTEST card! Thanks for the CCR file!!

Maureen said...

Wow, the glitter makes it! I love the cat and fence. Great job, Maureen

Unknown said...

CUTE card!

Betty Locco said...

Oh this is such a cute card! Love all the details. What are we going to do with all those scraps??? At least we are using up all our paper but we will need a room to store our scraps!

Deb Killian said...

What an adorable card! How nice of you to share your file too! I also love your extra detail in presenting the pic by adding spider webs!

Paige Dolecki said...

Adeline -

Super duper gorgeous card! All that glitter is the perfect touch on this wowzer project! I want to do it big and make it into a wall art piece!

Paige
www.Stampologist.com

Rebecca said...

Love this card, love how you used the glitter paper

Rebecca said...

Love how you used the glitter paper.

Shalana said...

Spooktacular (yes I made that up lol) Love the card!!

Casandra Bennett said...

Those chevrons can be used anywhere, Adeline. Use them in place of ribbon or shimmer trim. Or if you want to get super crafty, use the negative chevrons and make your own "pattern paper" spots in the 3x3 squares you see from many of the MIFYH Volume 1 patterns. I love your card, and though it would have been nice to get another Halloween pack this year, I think we have many papers in the new book that will work nicely in place of, such as that cute striped paper from Babycakes. :)

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

Love all of your helpful tips in creating! Please let me know what you decide to do with all of these fun scraps...I haven't decided how to store them all either! :)

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Very cool card, Adeline! Glitter paper can be a challenge and you did a great job with it1. Thanks again for organizing this wonderful showcase of Artbooking ideas.
:) Marie