Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mug Rug Madness

On Saturday, I was the guest teacher for Stitch and Show at Bernina-Pfaff Sewing Center in Tampa, FL.  Valentine's day is my SECOND favorite holiday - how can you resist love AND candy!??

So after checking out all of the Valentine Inspiration on Pinterest, I found this cute mug rug on Ryan Walsh Valentine Inspiration blog.

Then I found another cute idea on www. Pleasant Home.com and combined the both of them for my version below.
I created a tutorial for the ladies rather than typing up a set of directions for them.  So check out the pics I have included and make one for your "True Love"!

Step #1 - Select and cut your fabric and fusible fleece according to the cutting directions below.
 (oops - forgot the 3.25 x 6.5 piece of fusible fleece...)

 Step #2 -Place 1" squares - right side together and mark diagonal lines using a ruler and pencil.

  

Step #3 - Place the 2.5" square on the bottom RIGHT side of the heart shape.

 Trim and press bottom corner flat - set heart design aside.

Step #4 - Embroidering the design

Here is the design in my software....

Completed embroidered design




Step #5 -  Completing the pocket...






Step #6 -

Step #7 - Binding your Mug Rug.



 Completed Designs...


 
If you get lost or confused - be sure to click on the links above for their version of the designs.  I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial......and start spreading some L-O-V-E!



No comments: