Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Welcome to the April Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!

Happy Spring!  Welcome to April Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!  If you have been hopping along with us, then you have arrived from Sheila's blog here.



Don't worry if you get lost you can always find the list of participants on Melinda's blog here.

This month's stamp set is so 'retro' - I love it!  It is S1504 Typed Note  and is perfect for your card sentiments.



Since I am not typically a card maker, I always try to think outside the box for a scrapbook layout.  The first step I take is to look for ideas from others.  These are the two creations from Close to My Heart.  The first one is a card


The second one is a pack of playing cards.


But I was unable to be inspired by anything else besides a card!  So I dug into my Basics collection of paper and created this 'manly' look Father's Day card. My husband collects vintage audio items and this old radio was a perfect backdrop for my picture.  Two strips of shimmer trim for an added accent and it is done!



Now it is off to Michelle's blog here to check out her awesome artwork.

12 comments:

PaigeDolecki said...

Such a great set for guy cards!

Pam said...

Great card Adeline! The houndstooth paper looks great for the vintage feel.

Lela said...

I really like this image with the houndstooth paper and that you used both fun images on your card! Very cute

Wendy Coffman said...

That hound's-tooth is perfect for this!

Michelle Stewart said...

Very manly! Love it, I had considered the houndstooth paper when I first started, but changed it out when I realized I needed an anniversary card later this month.

Melinda Everitt said...

Love your card. The Fundamental Basics really gives a vintage feel to your card.

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

WOW!! Love your artwork!!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome masculine card. Simple, but stately.

Brenda Lapp said...

Great card. Your story about your husband inspired an idea for a layout that I need to create. We had a family member that wrote a family newsletter during the depression. The typewriter would be perfect for that. Thanks for the idea.

Haley D. said...

Very handsome!

Lauren said...

Love this masculine vintage card!

Nikka Geers said...

So cool. Love the manly take