Pages

Monday, July 30, 2007

Memories of my Friend




Today we lost a very special lady - Teresa Barrett. I met Tre when I first started working at Julia's Sewing Center in 1995. Her specialty was working with the serger and mine was making vests! She was spunky and so crazy and we both loved chocolate! Then after Julia's closed, we moved across the street to work with Debra and Gregor Sidler at Bernina Sewing Center. As our creative world changed, I became known as "The Bag Lady" and she became "The Bead Lady"! Her patience and talent in creating beautiful beading projects and wearable art earned her the respect of many throughout the U.S. Gregor and Debra always had the best Open House in the Tampa Bay area and we always dressed up to some theme that Debra or Gregor concocted to make us look silly! But we all loved doing it and really got into it every time.

We both never really got into quilting but she was the "Ultimate Buccaners" fan and decided to make a quilt for her son Jeff for Christmas . It was absolutely stunning and her work was as meticiulous in quilting as it was in beading. She fought a hard battle against cancer but it finally won. The sewing world today lost a very talented and special lady. We all love you, Teresa and will never forget you!
Follow this link for addtional photos of this crazy lady and her fabulous work -

www.productsunshine.com

3 comments:

Adriane Kelly Winchester said...

I am so sorry for your lost. Make sure you scrap her memories :)

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers along with her family, She looks like she was a real fun lady.

I am active in an event put on by the American Cancer Society called Relay For Life. You should look into. It's really cool and I feel like it has helped me with the healing process of losing friends and family to this horrible disease. If you want more info, check out www.cancer.org

Again, sorry for your loss.

Angie Lutz Topeka, KS

Anonymous said...

Sue Friend said:

Tre was truly an inspiration for my creativity. Everytime I wear the weaved pin I made in one of her classes I think of her and want to step up my creativity. She has left a legacy to many people who will continue to follow her off the wall, wonderful creative talents.