Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

07/23 Studio J snippet #3

Wow - this summer is just flying by...can you believe it?  It is time again for my Wednesday Studio J snippet #3?!

Snippet #3 - Add WORD ART to your layout to make it pop!

Yesterday I traveled to western New York to visit my family.  I had a 3 hour layover in the Atlanta airport.  So I parked myself in the "Juke Joint" and I had some lunch and worked on my Studio J layout.

One of my favorite ways to use Studio J is make a landscape picture using adjoining photo wells.  My husband took the photos of the gorgeous sunset in Key West and I wanted to create one photo on the right.

Here is the original "Close Up" Studio J layout. 




I added the one photo to both of the photo wells on the right.  I nudged each into place to make one large landscape photo.  I selected both of the photos and moved them to the left to line them up with the edge of the paper.  There was an empty area and I filled it in with the journaling strip and matching paper.  I layered the stickease and added the stitching lines to create the accents on the page.



To create the overlay with the Word Art, I added a photo well, removed the mat and placed it on the page.  You can find the FREE Word Art here

I am thrilled, another 2 page layout DONE! 

No comments: