Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

07/06 Welcome to Washington DC!



I am anxiously awaiting the start of another CTMH convention here in Washington DC. SO today I decided to take a walk around the Gaylord National Hotel in the 100+ heat. OMG - it was sooo hot! I thought I would share a few scenic pictures with you - it is really beautiful but very hazy today because of the intense heat.



Here is the view from the pier in the National Harbor - I hope to be able to take a picture at night - I imagine it is beautiful all lit up!

I am not sure of the significance of this sculpture so I will have to investigate and let you know! It is rather interesting and the metal was way too hot to touch!



Well time to relax, I'll try and post something every night to keep you updated - so be sure and stop by!

Adeline B

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love your photos, I especially love the photo of the statue. The last time I saw him was in 1998. He still hasn't made it awake. He was in grass and dirt then, the sand is a great idea. It was cold and wet and the children couldn't get enough of him.
Thanks for posting.