Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 1 of FRIGHTFULLY Creative Halloween FUN


Welcome to Day 1 of FRIGHTFULLY Creative Halloween FUN!


When I was 'surfin' the net the other day I came across Dawn's blog post here and I thought - what a cute idea! ( She does give Dee credit, as well)  Honestly, I love the fact that so many ladies are willing to share their ideas!  Thank you Dawn for a great video!

My first "FUN" project is this French Fry Frankie treat box.  I found this Halloween decor as the perfect backdrop for my treat box at the Bernina Sewing Center in Tampa, FL. (Frankie's hair is actually black...I miss my Nikon...)


This was a quick and easy project that I designed and cut with my Cricut Explore.  Since I sold my Cricut Expressions 2, I no longer use CCR. I used the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge but there is also a French Fry box in Tags,Bags and Boxes More 2.


Here are the sizes for the circles:
White Circles - 3/4"
Olive Circles - 3/4"
Black Circles - 1/2"

I sized the french fry box to approximately W= 5.00 and H= 8.25. You can adjust it to a size to suit your needs but you may have to enlarge the eyes and eyelids.




I hope you give this quick and easy treat box a try.  If you have the Cricut Explore here the link to the Design Space file.

Then I decided to try and design my own file using my brand NEW Pazzles InVue software.  I found a free file online and created the pvg. file for my "Pazzles" peeps!  The pvg file can be found here  The wpc file can be found here.


Here are the two 'Frankies'  hangin' out until Halloween...... The Pazzles version is on the left and the Cricut version is on the right.  The Pazzles Frankie is definitely larger and can hold the 'Mega' M & M's ( hmmm - who ate them before the photo shoot?...)



Enjoy and please leave me a comment if you want to see more!

Coming tomorrow - "Who's your mummy?"....