Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Day 6 of FRIGHTFULLY Creative Halloween FUN!


Day 6 of FRIGHTFULLY Creative Halloween FUN!



Boo...hoo...hoo...  I have been working on today's projects for a few days.   I decorated my home about a week ago and I found this tissue box project that I had several years ago.  I found the original idea on SplitCoast stampers here.  At the time, I had just started my blog and I don't remember posting this project.  So I decided to update it to a 21st century version.




A friend of mine had given me some 'swankies' or Halloween Hankies.  I was going to design a file for them but then decided to make the tissue box cover instead.




I knew that I didn't have to cut it out and score it by hand like the original directions. So I designed the first file in my Pazzles InVue software.  This software is designed so that I can actually measure the sizes accurately.

The Pumpkin Tissue Box looks like this....

Pumpkin Tissue Box wpc file here
Pumpkin Tissue Box pvg file here 
Pumpkin Tissue Box SVG file here.



The Frankie Tissue Box looks like this....  

Frankie Tissue Box wpc file here
Frankie Tissue Box pvg file here
Frankie Tissue Box SVG file here


I was able to create the jagged hairline using the decorative scissors option in the Pazzles Inspiration Pro 2014 software.  The face features were created using weld, subtract weld and with the frankie mouth I used the Intersect weld feature on the Pazzles InVue software.  Our amazing Klo taught this lesson last Sunday and this was a perfect use of that very lesson!


I saved it as an SVG but the Cricut Design Space was not reading it accurately enough so I had to start with the basic shapes and recreate the entire file.  I had to tweak the original design a few times to make sure the score lines were in the correct places.  


Here is a picture of the Cricut Design Space file.  You can find the file here  The faces are from the CTMH Artiste cartridge and the oval is from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.  You can certainly substitute a file you already 'own'!



Unfortunately in Design Space you can not add a cut line like you can in the Pazzles software, so you are going to have to snip the corners with a pair of scissors.


I hope you enjoyed this creative fun Halloween project.  Leave me a comment if you cut any of the files out.  The assembly is rather easy and you can always refer back to the Splitcoast video.  I inked up the sides and sanded Frankie's hair for additional accents.


Tomorrow....Midnight and the H2H challenge!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Soooooo CUTE!!! I love buying those cute little kleenex but never know what to do with them...I'd MUCH RATHER have these than just a package!