Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 2 of FRIGHTFULLY Creative Halloween FUN!

                  Welcome to Day 2 of FRIGHTFULLY Creative                                           Halloween FUN!



Who's your mummy?........

One of the classes that I taught was Child Development.  I loved doing Arts and Crafts with my high school students in class because you could tell they were having fun but just didn't want to admit it!

One year I made this Mummy Can to sit on my desk and hold little containers of Play Dough.  They were allowed to play with them (as long as they didn't mix up the colors!!)


I have no idea where this project came from as this was long before Pinterest! (It is probably a good thing because I would never have had time to grade papers!) 


This is an easy project to make - a bit of gauze, cotton balls for the 'nose' and some black, white and red scraps of cardstock along with a 6" square of Halloween paper. I purchased the paint cans from Home Depot - circa 2007.

Step #1:


Wrap gauze half way down the paint can - I secured it with tape in the back and then tucked it under in the front.

Step #2:
oh no!....  "The Man Without A Face!


Add 4-5 cotton balls and then wrap another section of gauze to cover the entire can.

Step#3:
Cut out the eyes and tongue and tape or glue to the gauze. I taped the paper onto the lid using permanent scotch tape. Add some ribbons to the handle and fill your mummy with candy or play dough!




The link for the Cricut Explore Design Studio file is here .  The circles are from the Craft Room Basics and the tongue is from the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.


But WAIT! - there's more....  for my Pazzles 'peeps',  here are the files for both the Inspiration and the Vue...


You can pick up the pvg file here...


You can pick up the wpc file here  I also created an svg file - I hope this will work!  You can pick up the svg file here.

I hope you enjoyed some "mummy' love!

Tomorrow.... 
                       "Going batty"








No comments: