Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

How to Use Studio J!

The title is my teaser!  It should read "How to Use Studio J to design your layouts!"  

Last month when I was designing the layout for the January workshop, I needed a jump start for my creativity.  So I went into Studio J and selected the La Belle Vie paper pack and played around with the design layouts until I found one that I thought would work.   

Here is my first design -
I was trying to figure out how I could incorporate stamping into this layout and I decided that is was not going to work for me.

The next design I was trying to add Cricut designs and stamping and I designed this layout.  I could cut the lamppost and Eiffel tower but I would not be able to duplicate enough to satisfy me!( the biggest critic of my work!)


So BACK to the drawing board and I came up with this layout!  I was trying to use BULK products that CTMH offers to consultants to make the workshop affordable.  I then decided  instead of the scalloped trim, that I would use the zip strips to the bulk paper.  If you look at the layout above you will see how I added the zip strips to the layout.

Some of you may have seen the finished layout already but here it is again and now you can compare the differences  between the two.  ( Kinda like the Highlights picture game!)

The workshop was a big success and I also printed out the original layouts for each table  as a guide rather than making additional layouts.  I must admit I basically came up with the cutting directions but I did make it work!

The best news is that February's  Constant Campaign is Studio J layouts for only $5.00!!
You can purchase all of the La Belle Vie paper that you want!  All of the CTMH paper packs are included (even when they are retired in the Idea Books!) and specialty ones like 'Wishes and Fishes' in the photo above.  I must admit that I was skeptical about digital scrapbooking but Studio J is "user friendly" even for a novice!  So click on my website - http://ctmh.com/sweetaline and start playing around with it now.  It costs you absolutely nothing to play!  Look for more inspiration through out the entire month and give Studio J a try in February!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Shelly Nemitz said...

I love the progression you showed here to see what your final answer was. A lot of people might not think of Studio J as a design tool, but you showed just how amazing it is.