Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 6 ... Christmas Treats

"Back in the day" I used to start December 1st and make a batch of Christmas cookies every night until Christmas.  Now I make only 2 different kinds of cookies!  I bet you are asking yourself- WHY???

Well..... #1 - My husband and I have 'issues' with fats AND sugars in our diet - Bah, Humbug!...#2 - We both need to watch our weight- Bah, Humbug!  and #3  I do not have any grandchildren (yet) to eat up all of the goodies!!

My gifts of food have changed since the 1970's!  Here is a gift that I share with family and friends.  It is a very quick and easy recipe to prepare AND decorate with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.  Don't forget you can purchase the Cricut cartridge at www.ctmh.com/SweetAline

Cranberry Chutney

1 cup golden raisins
1 8 oz.pkg. of chopped dates
1 16 oz. pkg. cranberries
1 cup sugar ( I used 1/2 cup baking Splenda)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup orange juice
1 T. lemon rind
1 1/4 C. water

Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat.  Cover and cook for 15 minutes.  Fill sterilized canning jars with 1 cup of chutney each.  Chutney must be refrigerated.  Yields: 4 cups



No comments: